The Palace of Knossos is one of the historical sites that you can’t miss out on to visit and to explore on the island of Crete.
✦ The Tickets to the Palace
The queue to get into this historical site can be a little bit be big. And this is because unlike other places where you can buy tickets online, here, it is not possible. The tickets are only available at the ticket office located at the entrance of the site.
But you can get the combined tickets in this office for the Palace of Knossos and the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion. And contrary to the majority of museums in Europe, the Greek museums do not charge the minors.
✦ The Adventure at the Palace
The Palace of Knossos was a center of the Minoan civilization and culture. It was a building covering a big piece of land on the island.
The palace was rebuilt and it is one of the historical sites on the island that are accessible by the tourists.
✦ What to Expect From the Palace Of Knossos
The following is a list of what to expect from these ancient ruins:
- Impressive surroundings
- There are plaques with a lot of information in both English and Greek
- You can explore the palace without the help of the guide
- The place is well maintained
- It revives the myths of the Minoans
- It is difficult to distinguish what is preserved from ancient times and what is reconstructed
- The findings from the palace are in the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion
✦ Some Tips For the Palace Of Knossos
- Get there early to avoid the queue
- The site is large and there are uneven surfaces
- The parking is free of charge and it is next to the premise
- There is a restaurant
- Wear comfortable shoes
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: