The coconut chicken curry can be served with rice or with mashed potatoes. In the East African countries, it is served with chapatis or rice.
|Course||Lunch and Dinner|
|Cooking time||28 Minutes|
Table of Contents
✦ The Ingredients
- 3 Tablespoons of cooking butter
- 2 Chopped onions
- One teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 3 Grated cloves of fresh garlic
- 4 Chopped tomatoes
- One chopped red paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon curry powder
- 900g Cut pieces of chicken breasts
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of chicken spices
- 200g of coconut milk
✦ The Steps For Making the Coconut Chicken Curry
1 ✦ Add the 3 tablespoons of the cooking butter in a pan. And then heat it in low medium heat.
2 ✦ Add the 2 chopped onions and cook them until they have a little bit of golden color.
3 ✦ Add the 3 grated cloves of garlic and the one teaspoon of grated ginger. Keep stirring and cook them for 2 minutes.
4 ✦ Add the 4 Chopped tomatoes and the one chopped red paprika. Then cook them and keep stirring this until they are very soft.
5 ✦ Add the 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Stir and then cook for 2 minutes.
6 ✦ Then add the 900g cut pieces of chicken breasts and then stir. Cover and cook the chicken for 5 minutes.
7 ✦ Then add the 3/4 teaspoon curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the 1/2 teaspoon of chicken spices. Stir and cover for 2 to 3 more minutes.
8 ✦ When it is golden brown, then add 200g of coconut milk. Then stir and cover to cook for 12 minutes at low heat.
✦ How to Serve the Coconut Chicken Curry
This is served with rice or mashed potatoes or chapati.
✦ Some Tips
- You can add 1/4 cup of freshly chopped coriander when adding the coconut milk.
- It is upon you to choose the type of chicken pieces you want to use.