A vanilla cake is a recipe that is easy to make at home. You just need a few ingredients and an oven.
✦ The Ingredients
- 220g of butter
- 250g of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250 of self-raising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
✦ The Steps of Making a Vanilla Cake
1 ✦ Melt the 220g of butter.
2 ✦Add the 250g of sugar, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and the packet of vanilla sugar to the butter. Then mix it well until it is creamy.
3 ✦ Whisk the 4 eggs in a different bowl.
✦ 4 Then add the whisked eggs to the mixture and mix it well.
5 ✦ Add the 250g of self-raising flour to the mixture. Mix this well until it is thick and smooth.
✦ How to Bake a Vanilla Cake
6 ✦ Preheat the oven upto 175°c.
7 ✦ Spread the butter evenly inside the cake pan.
NB: The cake pan should be 25cm long.
8 ✦ Add the mixture into the 24cm long cake pan.
9 ✦ Bake the vanilla cake at 175°c for 50 minutes.
10 ✦ To check if the cake is ready, stick in the knife in the middle of the cake. If there is no mixture on the knife, it means that the vanilla cake is ready.
11 ✦ Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down for 30 minutes.
12 ✦ Then remove the cake from the cake pan and it is ready to be served.
✦✦ Enjoy ✦✦
✦ Some Tips
- You can also use the soft butter
- When testing if the cake is ready by the use of the knife, and then you find some mixture on the knife, add some more minutes to the oven.
- Do not try to remove the cake from the cake pan when it is hot. Wait until the cake has cooled down.