Mandazi is one of the popular African dishes that you will find in the regions of East Africa. It is a dish that can be served for breakfast or a snack.
Ingredients For Mandazi:
- 4 cups of self-raising wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
Procedure To Cook Mandazi
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and black pepper in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg into the milk
- Add the milk and egg mixture and mix it to form a dough
- Then add the margarine or butter and mix it well.
- Knead the dough to a smooth consistency
- Cover the dough and let it stand for about thirty minutes
- Then divide the dough into four portions
- On a rolling board or flat surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the dough, then cut into your desired shapes
- Add oil to a deep frying pan and heat it
- Gently deep fry the pieces until they are golden brown on all sides
- Once completely fried, remove the pieces and place them on a paper towel to drain
Serve and enjoy.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- My Kenyan Safari Experience
- The red elephants of Kenya’s Tsavo East National Park
- Giraffe Centre, Nairobi
Stay positive & Healthy!
| Wambui’s diaries | Kenyan Recipe | Wambui cooks | Healthy Living | Health is Wealth |